International Online Casinos 2023
- Author: Evan Schindler
- Last updated: 8 June 2023
If you are looking for an international online casino where Swiss players are welcome, you have come to the right place. Even though Switzerland has its own online casino sites that are regulated and licensed by the SFGB, the demand for international online casinos is still high in 2023.
What is the allure of international casino sites? Apart from the obvious reason that foreign things are always more attractive because they are new and exciting, the best international online casinos provide benefits like higher bonuses and potentially a wider selection of casino games. We are well aware of the intrigue that surrounds international online casino sites and in this article, we will provide our unbiased and transparent review of some of the best international online casinos in the world.
Best International Online Casinos 2023
Rollling Slots Casino
0 – 48
0 – 24
Need for Spin Casino
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 8h
0 – 24h
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
Golden Star Casino
0 – 24
0 – 24
0 – 24
How we rate the best foreign online casinos
Our team of online casino experts closely examines casinos with foreign licenses and puts them through a rigorous review process. We examine criteria like licenses, regulations, bonuses, customer support, and payment methods. With this proven review process, we can determine which international casinos are worth your time and which ones you should pass on. Here is a more in-depth breakdown of the criteria we use to rate the best international online casinos worldwide in 2023.
- We verify the gambling license
The very first thing we do when looking at international casinos is to ensure they have the proper licensing. We prioritize sites that are licensed by reputable gaming authorities like the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission. We will never recommend any international casino sites without a proper gaming license. For you to play casino games we need to be sure you will be playing on a secure site at trusted online casinos.
- We check the availability of Swiss players
Once we ensure the online casino is properly licensed we check to make sure that the casino accepts players in all regions. For this article, we would confirm that players in Switzerland can sign up for accounts and use the site. The best and safest casino sites are of no use to anyone if a casino player from Switzerland cannot sign up there.
- We test the registration process
To carry out our full review process we always register with the site as a real person. Our testers register with real data at these foreign online casinos in Switzerland so that we can carry out a full-player experience. This allows us to recreate the process of registering for an account as well as uploading KYC or Know Your Customer documents. After that is completed we also test how long it takes to deposit real money to your account.
- We read the terms and conditions as well as bonus conditions
That’s right, we take the time to read the terms and conditions of the site so you don’t haave to. This includes reading the conditions about any casino bonus that new players are entitled to. We look at if online casinos with foreign licenses offer higher bonuses and how certain they are to pay them out. This leads to our next criteria.
- We try real money payout
We actually play the games and go through the process of withdrawing funds from our casino account. It is possible to make a quick small profit at most reputable online casinos worldwide so this isn’t too difficult of a request. Of course, the casinos that make our list of the best international casinos online will pay out funds immediately.
- We put customer service to the test
With the online gambling industry, it is crucial to have a good customer support team that can handle any issue and in multiple different languages. We ask the customer service staff detailed questions and give them complex scenarios. This can be via email, phone, or live chat. We also check to see if there is a helpful FAQ page to provide some quick answers.
- We test the languages of the support staff
Of course, for any international online casino, the support staff needs to be fluent in multiple different languages. For this article, we check to make sure that you can get help in every Swiss language through the live chat. This means the staff needed to be fluent in German, French, Italian, and English. We’ve found that some international casinos use AI translation tools like DeepL.
Features of foreign casinos with license
|🎰 Number of foreign casinos||Casinos 30+|
|💸 Min deposit||10-50 EUR|
|🔝 The best foreign casino site||Rolling Slots|
|🚫 Covered by GamStop||No|
|⭐ New Abroad Casino||GGBet|
|📝 Licenses||Gibraltar, Malta, MGA|
Legal gambling in online casinos with foreign license in Switzerland
Since January 1, 2019, online gambling sites in Switzerland have been fully legal. Swiss players can legally experience online gambling and play their favourite online casino games from anywhere. Switzerland also allows legal sports betting as well which was passed in a law in 2014.
Although online casinos from abroad are legal in Switzerland, this does not mean that all foreign online casinos operate legally. Some foreign online casinos are prohibited in Switzerland. The list of these online casinos with foreign licenses is published on the official website of the Swiss Gaming Board (ESBK) for anyone to see. For our list, you can expect to find only the most reputable international casino operators.
In Switzerland, some online casino games are banned because the regulators have deemed they are not fair to Swiss players. The government does not want Swiss players to lose their money due to malicious game providers.
Which classic casino games are legal in Switzerland? Any trusted online casino sites offer games like blackjack, online slots, poker, roulette, baccarat, sports betting, and even live casino games with interactive dealers. These are often developed by trustworthy providers like Evolution Gaming, Net Entertainment, and Playtech.
Licensors of the foreign online casinos
At worldwide casinos, many institutions and companies issue license for them to operate. Online casinos in Switzerland have difference licensors, which is standard for most countries that offer online casino sites to players. As we mentioned previously, the best online casinos are licensed and regulated by reputable gaming authorities. Typically, having an MGA license means you are reliable and one of the top online casinos. Here are some of the best casino regulators in the world:
- Malta Gaming Authority (MGA)
- UK Gambling Commission
- Curacao Gaming Authority
- Australian Communication and Media Authority
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission
Logically, licenses are handed out by state authorities. There are some domestic companies that hand out licenses but these are not always accepted at the best international casino sites. Government licenses are the most advantageous so this is always the first things we look for.
In Switzerland and at most of the best EU casinos, the most reputable licenses are provided by the Malta Gaming Authority and the UK Gambling Commission. Malta being a member of the European Union helps further solidify the license as the one to get for the top EU online casinos. It makes it easier to get information and clarity directly from EU regulators compared to say the Curacao Gaming Control Board.
Online casino with the MGA license
|Bet365 Casino||Malta Gaming Authority||Slots, Sports Betting, Live Dealer|
|GGBet Casino||Malta Gaming Authority||Slots, Live Dealer|
|EUSlot Casino||Malta Gaming Authority||Slots, Sports Betting, Live Dealer|
|Golden Star Casino||Malta Gaming Authority||Slots, Live Dealer|
|Turbico Casino||Malta Gaming Authority||Slots, Live Dealer|
|Bizzo Casino||Malta Gaming Authority||Slots, Live Dealer|
The Malta Gaming Authority is a competent and well-respected gaming authority in Europe. If it is an online casino Europe, then chances are it has a license from the MGA. Licenses issued within the European union to a EU casino are highly sought after in European countries. These MGA licenses work all over the EU and are thought highly of compared to a local casino with German license that can only operate within Germany. MGA offers two types of licenses (B2B and B2C) for a period of five years.
The licensing process consists of several stages: the application to the MGA, a provisional license is granted for 6 months, and then a full license for 5 years if it is approved.
Online casino licensed by Curaçao
|Casino||Lizenzierung||Art des Casinos|
|20Bet Casino||Curacao||Live Games, Slots|
|BitStarz Casino||Curacao||Scratch cards, live games|
|Rolling Slots Casino||Curacao||Slots, eSports betting, table games|
|Rabona Casino||Curacao||Slots, Live Games, Keno|
|Goodman Casino||Curacao||Classics, alternative games of chance|
|Ivibet Casino||Curacao||Slot machines, table games|
Curaçao is a small island located in the south of the Caribbean Sea. What makes this island nation so valuable is its ability to hand out gaming licenses. Curaçao does not impose taxes on winnings and has a very fast license approval process compared to other jurisdictions. The majority of the island’s economy comes from casinos and sports betting sites. The license fee is around $150,000 USD. The Curacao license does not have the best reputation, even though its cost makes it very attractive for foreign gambling sites.
With that being said, there are no major complaints about any reputable international casinos with a Curacao license. Despite the low cost and fast approval process, the authorities are vigilent about reporting illegal gambling. Curacao licenses are still owned by some of the most trusted online casinos in the world.
Online casino licensed by Gibraltar
|Casino||Licensing||Foundation of the casino|
Gibraltar is a British territory located at the southern tip of the Iberian Peninsula. The regulations are one of the main reasons why a license in Gibraltar is reliable and trustworthy. Casinos that wish to obtain a license under the region’s gambling laws must prove their financial strength and even provide a business plan to be approved.
Casinos are also required to process their transactions through Gibraltar-based banks. Due to these strict rules, only reliable and stable casinos can obtain this license which makes it reputable in the global gambling industry. Casinos with this license pay a tax equal to 1% of their annual profit. This is actually an advantageous situation for casinos as it is a much lower tax rate than other jursidictions.
Legal and regulatory framework of foreign online casinos
As can be expected, the legal situation is regulated differently in each country. Even if laws across several European nations are similar, there can be major differences in how they approach gambling laws. For Swiss players, this means you will need to pay attention to regulations and laws in neighbouring countries or any international casino websites. Luckily for you, we have compiled some of the major differences in gambling laws for Switzerland’s closest neighbours.
Regulation in Germany
Did you know that online casinos are now legal in Germany? Ever since July 1, 2021, with the passing of the State Treaty on Gambling (GlüStV), German citizens have been able to enjoy casinos online. The Treaty regulates both gaming and sports betting in the country, with an emphasis on protecting players, particularly those who are younger. The prevention of gambling addiction is paramount in Germany, so using programs like responsible gambling is a critical part of the national regulation of online gambling sites.
Regulation in Austria
For the neighbours in Austria, the gambling industry is regulated by the Federal Ministry of Finance. Interestingly, licensing for online casinos is only administered by Casinos Austria and its Win2Day online platform. This means there is a monopoly on gambling in Austria and more of the best online casinos with licenses from Malta or Curacao are entering the Austrian market.
Regulation in Liechtenstein
Liechtenstein is also a relative newcomer to the European gambling industry. This Principality legalized online gambling sites in 2016 and since then there are five land-based casinos that have been permitted by the Casino Association. As of now, there are no online casinos that are based in Liechtenstein. This means that players need to rely on international online casinos that operate in Liechtenstein.
Regulation in Great Britain
While the UK isn’t exactly a neighbour of Switzerland it is a prominent country in the gambling industry in Europe. Of course, all of the best online casinos in the UK are regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. The UK market is regulated by the Gambling Act Law which was passed in 2005. This Act focuses on protection against fraud as well as the protection of minors and the prevention of gambling addiction.
Playing online casino abroad – is it a good idea?
Choosing a trusted online casino as a Swiss player can be a difficult task these days. Casinos are a dime a dozen now and with so many options available, it is best to do your due diligence before engaging in real money gambling. With that being said, the top international casinos are all trustworthy and since most of them are licensed and regulated, there is nothing to fear in using them.
Another reason to try gambling in international casinos? The atmosphere is different and often unique to its home market. Going to gamble at an international casino in a different country can be a life-changing experience. If you are looking for something new and exciting, consider visiting a casino in another country to see what you are missing out on.
Advantages and disadvantages in online casino abroad Switzerland
There are plenty of reasons why Swiss players will consider switching to international online casinos in 2023. Many of the top international online casinos are in the Swiss market and here are the most important reasons why:
- Licensed by international bodies: Worldwide licenses allow these international casinos in Switzerland to accept not only Swiss francs, but also Euros, US dollars, and even cryptocurrencies.
- Accepting players without verification: Some players prefer to use online casino sites that do not have document verification. This means that they do not require you to verify anything, or you only need to go through a simple verification process that can take just a few minutes.
- Does not require registration: players can even play at top international online casinos on sites from abroad in Switzerland without registering for an account. For this, you just need to select Pay’n Play casinos with Trustly as a payment method.
- Do not cooperate with self-exclusion: at these casinos, you can bypass the BGS block in just one step. All you have to do is register at the casino online and play the games. These sites do not work with BGS, so they have no way to block your account. If you find yourself blocked, you just need to write to the support and request them to unblock you.
- Many reputable companies: Providers can offer much higher bonus offers from abroad in Switzerland than would ever be allowed domestically by the SFGB. Many of the foreign online casinos in Switzerland offer much higher, progressive jackpots, which can routinely make several million as the main prize to win. Also, in the tournaments for slots and table games, the prize pools are usually much higher than they are in Switzerland. The number of games of chance on offer often far exceeds what is available at online casinos in Switzerland.
- Credit card processing: Playing with credit cards on the best online casino sites is not possible for players from Switzerland thanks to the SFGB. On the other hand, there are sites that will support every conceivable type of credit card. Of course, credit cards can be used for deposits and withdrawals, as can other methods like bank transfers, cryptocurrencies, and eWallets.
- Overseas headquarters: Some of the biggest online casinos have their headquarters overseas, such as in Curaçao or Canada. This makes it difficult at times to get justice in case of disagreements. Nevertheless, it should not be forgotten that there are international arbitration bodies in the gambling industry that do an excellent job.
- No cooperation with the SFGB: The protection afforded by the SFGB to domestic players in well-known online casinos in Switzerland does not exist on international sites, of course. The foreign operators have nothing to fear from the Swiss Federal Gaming Commission.
- In some casinos only English is spoken: Support in all four Swiss languages is available and exclusively in domestic online casinos. Abroad, you can only hope for support with an automatic translation in French, Italian or German. This makes it difficult for some to join a worldwide casino because of the kids.
- Sometimes no Swiss franc available: The Swiss Franc we love so much is available as a possible account currency in many foreign online casinos. But CHF is just not available at all online casinos worldwide. Often, Swiss players have to switch to Euros or USD. But sometimes we want to deposit and play in a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ether, Litecoin or Dogecoin anyway.
There are many more advantages that cannot all be listed here. Most importantly, your money is safer when you play at one of the best online casino websites in the EU. Although online gambling is fun, everyone wants to make money and profit. In this regard, it is best to entrust your money to reliable and controlled trusted online casinos. This is because, during the licensing process, a casino’s cash flow, business plan and corporate structure are scrutinized. That is why our team of experts recommends licensed casinos.
List for best foreign online casinos 2023
Now, what everyone is excited about: the list of the best foreign online casinos in the world. The winning site in our ranking gets to be known as one of the best online gambling sites around, no just in Switzerland. Here is our best international online casino list for swiss players in 2023:
- Rolling Slot Casino – The best candidate for foreign online casinos that accept Swiss players.
- Dasist Casino – Here you can play at the best live casino abroad.
- Golden Star Casino – This site offers the highest welcome bonus in bitcoin.
- GG.Bet Casino – This is the most beautiful casino site where you can play over 6,000 different gambling games in online casino abroad.
- EUslot Casino – This foreign online casino has a VIP club with 40 levels.
- Need For Spin Casino – The highest welcome bonus up to €1,000 plus 400 free spins awaits Swiss players here.
- Bizzo Casino – At the highest VIP level, this foreign online casino offers a €150,000 bonus.
- Jeetcity Casino – You can use many cryptocurrencies at this online casino abroad. Switzerland is currently hostile to crypto.
- Goodman Casino – Ten tournaments run here at the same time. Online casinos in Switzerland can’t do that.
How to choose a good online casino abroad as a Swiss player?
The long list of the best online casinos for Swiss players can be overwhelming and make it difficult to choose the best online casino. This section of our article talks about how to choose an international online casino, and which features you should be looking for.
The first and probably the most important component when choosing an online casino is the selection of games available. Make sure that the casino you choose offers the games that interest you. For example, if you are a fan of roulette, make sure that the casino you choose offers roulette. The same goes for live casino games which are only available at live dealer casinos.
Another component to consider when choosing an online casino from abroad is bonuses. Casino bonuses are a great way to be welcomed to a new casino site and build up the amount of funds in your account. All of the best international online casinos offer generous welcome bonuses to new players. Just be careful about the wagering requirements of each casino. Wagering requirements are the amount of money you need to bet before being able to cash in your bonus funds.
Of course, you should also be thinking about security and licensing. What is the point of playing online and winning real money if the site does not protect you from malicious players or hackers? At a minimum the casino needs SSL encryption and up-to-date technology for its casino site. To ever be considered the best online casino worldwide, you will need to earn the trust of your players by having strong security.
Other criteria for foreign online casino operations
Here are a few other criteria to consider when choosing a foreign online casino:
- Customer service. What languages are available and what are the methods of communication?
- Game Developers. Does the casino have software and online gambling games from the best developers on the market?
- Reviews. What do other Swiss players say about it, what was their experiences?
- Mobile version. Can online casino Swiss play from anywhere?
- User interface. Is it easy to use and is the design attractive? Not all online casino reviews will talk about the user interface anymore. This is a key part of players choosing a new online casino.
- Responsible gambling. You will want to make sure that the casino chosen protects its players from becoming addicted to gambling.
Regulators and gambling auditors around the world
Whether in a casino abroad or in Switzerland, online money games must be conducted under certain rules and these should be followed by every online casino provider. In Switzerland, the Swiss Federal Gaming Commission takes care of this. It monitors all online casinos of Swiss origin and makes sure that everything runs legally, otherwise, you will end up on one of their “blacklist” sites.
But in Switzerland, there is also the Casino Commission which helps to regulate things in the country. Here is a small overview of other important regulators and gambling auditors around the world:
- Gambling Commission UK. Competent in England, also licenses.
- Macau Gambling Inspectorate. Does not issue a license.
- CRA in Singapore. Since 2016, many gambling sites have been blocked.
- ARJEL in France. In France, there is a separate license for horse racing betting, for eSports betting and online poker.
- ACT Gambling and Racing Commission in Australia. ITA oversees online casinos, with Australians spending more on gambling than any other nation in the world.
Independent testing laboratories
These companies take a close look at the random number generators in online casino games. In all games, without a live dealer or croupier, a random number generator calculates the game result purely by chance. To make sure that this is really the case, these test labs let the games run for hundreds if not thousands of rounds of play automatically and look at the statistics of the results. From this, the payout ratio is then calculated and confirmed. The most well-known independent testing laboratories in the gambling industry are:
- eCOGRA – The company has been doing this since 2002 and is therefore usually mentioned first when it comes to the best RTP.
- iTech Labs – This company has been in this industry since 2004, almost as long. The testing lab is well-known not only in online casinos but also in poker games.
- GLI – The company is actually called Gaming Laboratories International LLC, but because of the long name, it is just called GLI everywhere. The testing lab has many offices around the world and also does security testing.
- TST – This is the oldest testing lab on our list, having been founded in 1993, but nowadays it is not as common as something like eCOGRA and the other two companies.
VPNs to play online casino games abroad.
When the new Money Gambling Act came into force on Jan. 1, 2019, rigorous network blocks for foreign online casinos were put into place. It turns out this was not as big of a deal as people originally thought. This did mean that Switzerland could not risk its bilateral relations which are predominantly with other European countries such as the UK.
Although there are network blocks today, most of the blocked providers are dubious gambling portals. We would never recommend these to a local player in Switzerland. If any online casino international did end up on the Swiss Federal Gaming Commission’s blocked list, players can always use a VPN connection as a fallback solution.
What is a VPN? It stands for virtual private network and conveniently, the abbreviation is the same in both English and German. The VPN allows the server that is being used to have a different IP address which is the unique identifier of an internet connection.
The VPN allows you to appear like you are accessing the internet from a different country. Obviously, this would come in handy when using a blocked international online casino. Here are some well-known VPN apps that you can use:
Online casino abroad mobile gambling
The best part about online casino games is that you can play them whenever and wherever you want. Playing casino games on the go is convenient and fun for players in Switzerland.
The great news is that you can gamble at your favourite international online casinos right from your mobile phone. This includes all of the best online casino sites including 20Bet Casino or Goodman Casino. Most casinos in Switzerland or casinos for Swiss players have one of the two options:
- Mobile browser version. This means that you can access the casino’s website from a mobile browser such as Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox. These pages are then optimized for smartphones and tablets, so they work smoothly for online play.
- Mobile App. An even more convenient way to gamble in online money games with real money from anywhere is a dedicated app. Some casino providers, especially well-established and well-known gambling providers, have their own app that users can download from the app store on their mobile device.
Payment methods outside Switzerland legal
If you want to bet your real money legally outside of Switzerland, then you should first know the gambling laws in the respective country. This could be very different compared to the gambling law in Swiss Casinos. Once this requirement is met, the next step is to decide on what payment methods are available before you can start playing online casino.
If you want to play at the online casino abroad, you should be offered similar payment options available as in the casinos in Switzerland. However, there are a few exceptions. For example, it will be very unlikely to be able to buy a Paysafecard abroad. Nevertheless, you can try these online payment methods at casinos outside of Switzerland:
- E-wallets (Skrill, Neteller, EcoPayz);
- Credit cards (Visa, Mastercard);
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum);
- Mobile payments (Apple Pay, Google Pay).
Conclusion about licensed online casinos abroad
Through our extensive testing of Swiss casinos, we’ve determined the factors that are the most important to Swiss players. These include having the proper licensing from a legitimate gaming authority. The site should also have things like a wide selection of games, generous bonuses, and plenty of payment methods.
We hope this article assisted you in beginning your search for the best Swiss online casino. All of our research is unbiased and transparent with the intention of providing our readers with a little insight into the Swiss gambling industry.
About the Author
FAQ – Foreign Casino Sites
Can I trust foreign casino sites?
Yes, if you only visit casino providers from abroad that we have tested and recommended, then you should be perfectly safe. However, we have to be honest and admit that there are also some black sheep casinos on the Internet where you should definitely not play. Using our rankings is one of the safest ways to finds a reputable and trustworthy online casino.
Which foreign casino portals should I avoid?
In principle, this is answered quite simply. Avoid all online casinos that did not make it to our recommendation lists. But in general, you should always avoid providers without a license when looking for a casino site on the international gambling market. Suspicious are always providers with particularly high bonus offers of several thousand Swiss francs.
Do foreign casinos have good bonuses?
Yes, foreign providers often have much higher bonus offers than we are used to at home. By this we mean, for example, a welcome bonus of up to €1,000 plus several hundred free spins. You will generally never find something like that in a Swiss online casino, not to mention a loyalty program with several tiers and bonuses up to €150,000.
Which are the best licenses for international online casinos?
Basically, the European licenses are preferred because they follow the highest security standards, like in Switzerland. However, this does not only include the licenses from the European Union like from the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA), the Swedish Spelinspektionen or the Danish license. The license from the UK Gambling Commission is also 100% safe, even though the UK is no longer part of the EU. However, those who want to use cryptocurrencies have to go overseas and visit casinos with a gambling license from Curaçao or from the Kahnawake Gambling Commission from Canada.
Can I get a refund from a foreign casino?
Chargebacks are available both domestically and abroad mainly through the payment providers. For example, it is possible to have demonstrably unauthorized credit card charges reversed up to 180 days after the fact.
Can players from Switzerland play in foreign Internet casinos?
Yes, players from Switzerland are welcome customers in almost all foreign Internet casinos due to their high credit rating. One problem is that the Swiss franc is not available everywhere. Aside from that, Swiss players can play at most of the best international online casinos.
Which is the best foreign casino for Swiss players?
You will find the best foreign casino at the top of our ranking. The providers in our list have been thoroughly tested and evaluated by our testers. The top online casino actually offers the best bonuses and the most extensive and diverse range of games.
Do you have to pay tax on your winnings at a best international online casino?
If you play in a casino abroad and then actually win, you should be aware of the tax laws. It is best to get professional advice on this subject before you win money abroad, in Switzerland or online.
Is a VPN allowed in a casino with a foreign license?
Although a VPN casino is a common practice for many, our team has come across casinos that do not allow VPN. You should always check about this with the online casino abroad in advance.